Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WELCOME to SPRING: Front Door Flower Basket and Chocolate Bunny

Today I worked on a BEAUTIFUL welcome for the front door... It adds instant charm and character to even the rainiest spring days.  Today however, was sunny...and the perfect day to transition towards Easter...and sunnier warmer weather.

I used a door basket with chicken wire, green moss yellow forsythia branches (those forsythia are so spring-y to me)  Contrasted with purple and pink ranunculus, hydrangeas and white hyacinths...I think it's a very bright and welcoming look.


For the ribbon I love using two contrasting textures.  For this piece I used wired burlap ribbon, and lilac crafting ribbon....those colors played off the basket and the flowers nicely.
I set out the darling chocolate bunnies at the front door... (the bunnies were only for the photos today... maybe April 1st I might really set them out)  The bunnies are blow molds from the 1980's.  I found mine on EBay last year. 
Spring starts this week...and I for one, could not be more excited.  This has truly been a long, cold winter.  It's great to finally get outside and enjoy the sunshine.  I have spring fever...and this spring we are not traveling for Spring Break...we are instead, basking in the glow of some major home improvements we had done a few weeks ago.  Just as well... I will not miss out on one daffodil bloom or cherry tree blossom in my own backyard...
Thanks for stopping by to look at my front door.

LINKED To:
 





2 comments: