Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Fall Gathering


Some parties need a great playlist, and some may need a signature drink...my party needed a couch!

...A few weeks ago I purchased a couch... not just any couch... it was a beautifully shaped, camel-back, in near perfect condition... kind of couch. The only problem?...well, it's plaid...red plaid to be exact.

Red plaid like a wool Christmas blanket, or red plaid like a Scottish kilt.  Not everyone can pull off a red plaid sofa, and not every home needs one either... as my husband could probably argue... However...
Almost immediately, I knew I loved this sofa (at least the shape, anyway) ...and having it re-covered is not a big deal.

I had visions of this plaid beauty sitting near an autumn fire, with apple cider... leaves falling all around... are you still with me??... Can you see where I am going with this project???

I also envisioned the sofa and all it's plaid glory nestled by a charming country Christmas tree...
...we will just have to wait and see how the next part of the story goes...
Since I had the perfect couch, I thought it would be the perfect weekend to host a fall gathering and drag my beautiful red, plaid sofa out to the party...

It was quite the topic of conversation... It's not everyday you get to rescue a red plaid couch from the clutches of an uncertain future...

This past weekend was the kind of amazing October weekend we always hope for, just warm enough, breezy and colorful... just look at the gorgeous photo below...the sunlight through the trees in the back yard = perfection.
I invited our neighbors over for a little Sunday get-together.  I like Sunday afternoon, it's a nice time to slow the whole weekend down...

 Having the neighbors over, it's a perfect time to catch up and spend a little quality time, with some quality people.
Having a Sunday afternoon cocktail is never a bad idea!  In fact, I think we should do it more often.
Tomorrow, on the blog I will share the recipe for this delicious Bourbon Cinnamon~Apple Cider Cocktail... It's easy (simple and easy is always the first ingredient to becoming a keeper around here) A perfect drink to share with a crowd... by dusk, we were out of this delicious drink, --not a surprise. We served this cocktail at Thanksgiving last year, it was a hit then too. 
 We served popcorn and pretzels.  Of course we had cinnamon cider doughnuts, fresh from the fruit farm... a little pumpkin fudge too...
 2 Minute Pumpkin Fudge Recipe, it's easy and a keeper too! Click here for more info:
 Yes, It says : Grown Ups on the tag!  We had regular cider for the kiddos.

Photo credit: Kayla Pitman
 The boys got to play a last game of football before the chilly November winds start to blow...

 ....and all because of a couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment